Nominee & Custody Service
Nominee holdings are securities e.g. shares & bonds that are held electronically in your account.
Nominee account benefits
By opening a Nominee account with us, you can enjoy the benefits of:
- A safe and convenient way of holding your investments;
- Cheaper transaction fees and greater efficiency on delivery and settlement;
- Receiving sales or dividends proceeds on time;
- Notifications of corporate actions and
- Free transfer of share certificates to nominee.
Over the last two decades, the vast technological improvements and volatility of the stockmarkets mean that more investors are converting their share certificates into a nominee service to enable quick and safe dealing without the hassle of retaining the actual certificates.
Having no physical share certificates cuts out the risks associated with loss of share certificates, theft and forgery and postal strikes which, alongside worry and inconvenience, all incur additional expenditure, longer settlement periods and corporate actions administration.
Simple to transfer to a Nominee Account
- You provide Walker Crips with signed Nominee and transfer forms and share certificates
- Walker Crips submits information through CREST (the Central Securities Depository for the UK)
- CREST verifies information
- CREST notify Companies Share Registrars and Walker Crips of shareholdings
- You can access Walker Crips Client Portal to check shareholdings within 72 hours of submitting the forms and share certificates.
We can also hold your physical certificates and documents in a secure environment and enable access to them in office hours. Reports & Accounts and dividends are still sent directly to you by the respective companies and we confirm the certificates held for you in writing to you every six months
To find out more information about Walker Crips Nominee, call client services on 020 3100 8662